Wednesday, September 01, 2010

anybody want a kitten in about 9 weeks?



Lucy's had her babies! It was the second day of school, breakfast time, and she started rolling around on the ground...so I put her up in the playroom inside her birthing box, thinking she'd like the quiet dark room. I packed the kids off to school and headed out for my morning errands, half expecting a kitten or two when we got back. We get back, I check on her, nada. I go to leave she follows me...hmm... Ok. I had a feeling she didn't want to be alone. We put her box under the sofa table, and I went back upstairs to straighten up. A few minutes later Lily starts yelling...."kitten! kitten!". I almost fall down the stairs in my rush. As though instinct needs my assistance. Anyhow, there she was, laying on her side cleaning a wet white kitten. 4 more followed, 2 more white, and 2 orange tabby. They all survived, and have been happily nursing ever since. More pictures here.

No comments: